Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sugar Cookies

I found this icing recipe that looked like so much fun, so I decided that if I was going to play with this wonderful icing then I needed to make some sugar cookies. This special icing deserved better than the cut & bake cookies from the grocery store so I set out to make something homemade. I used the cookie recipe from the same blogger that I found the icing recipe. Here are the results...



As you can see it took me a few tries to get the icing just right but I love the way it looks shiny and hard but is still soft when you bite into the cookies. My next adventure will be to do some piping and flooding (words that were foreign to me). I am armed with 101 cookie cutters & a plethora of squeeze bottles for the task. Valentine's Day is just a month away!

~Smiles~

Update: In Maggie's blog she says,

"That shiny icing dries up nice but not hard and rock-like!  

 You can stack those babies as high as you'd like."
 
This is true, EXCEPT, I baked, iced and packaged within 3 hours and the icing wasn't quite ready to be stacked (I squished the icing a bit but they were still yummy) ...but the cookies that I had left over the next day are PERFECTLY hardened for packaging and still soft when you bite into them! Yay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment